how do i start studying again? - need advice

krxqm333krxqm333 Member
in General 82 karma

Hi everyone,

I studied for about 4 months last year and finished 85% of the CC and took two practice tests, but I stopped studying towards the end of December. Its been so hard for me to start studying again. Does anyone have any advice on how to start after you've taken a "break"? For reference, my strongest area is LG, and my weaker areas are LR and RC.

Comments

• katie_L_Bkatie_L_B Member
    21 karma

Congrats on making it so far into the CC! Sometimes after taking a prolonged break from studying I can only get back into the groove by doing bit size chunks and working my way up to a more rigorous level of studying. I recommend you ease back into studying by doing a LG section or two a day and then going from there. Alternatively, just tell yourself that you only have to do 2 untimed problem sets from your favorite section.
    Something else that has helped me get out of the rut before is listening to the 7Sage podcast for motivation. It's obviously not the same as drilling, but sometimes that 1 hour of passive listening puts me in a better mindset for studying and drilling than an additional hour of drilling would have helped me anyway. Rome wasn't built in a day.

• FaviPapi-1-1FaviPapi-1-1 Member
    313 karma

You take a week to process the undertaking and, then, another week to process the amount of points you are aiming for and how hard that will be... After those two weeks, you should be good to start studying again

• JJFutureLawyer-1-1-1JJFutureLawyer-1-1-1 Core Member
    34 karma

I had the same situation kind of. What I did is just review what I already learned for about a week and then the next week start off where I left off. I take breaks in between each session of studying for my day so I do feel like I am overloading myself with information. Usually, I would do 50 mins study and a 10 min break.