Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Timing with Logical Reasoning

Michelle LiuMichelle Liu Free Trial Member
edited May 2013 in Logical Reasoning 13 karma
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had on advice of how to best practice logical reasoning with a mix of questions? I'm fine on accuracy and timing if I focus on a particular question type like on the drills, but I'm loosing accuracy once I take the timed practice tests. Is there a good method anyone has figured out to practice the mixed questions that minimizes taking out sections from the practice tests? (I don't want to use too many sections LR of the practice tests, since I want to save them for use as practice tests).

Thanks,
Michelle

Comments

• Quinn NguyenQuinn Nguyen Free Trial Member
    edited May 2013 94 karma
    Hey Michelle, there are so many PTs (1 - 69) are you sure you can't spare a few for mixed review? I would definitely save the later tests (50 -69) for practice but I think you should use earlier ones for practice.

I hear you on the switch from drills to mixed questions; you get so used to approaching one sort of question, and it throws you off to adapt to another type. You need mixed review to practice switching modes of attack (" What's the question stem? Necessary assumption: look for the bridge or how to protect the argument. Circle answer. Cool, next question: resolve/discrepancy. What's the paradox? Ah. Answer choice A answers resolves both mystery 1 and mystery 2. Next." )

So many different LR types with different approaches for each of them. Don't fret; you'll get in the zone! Just think of yourself as a mixed martial artist whose attack strategy depends on your opponent.
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma
    @Quinn great advice! @Michelle, use the earlier prep tests (1-35) to use as practice.