Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with logical reasoning

adisadeliovskyadisadeliovsky Free Trial Member
in General 11 karma
So I'm currently going on my fourth month of studying, I have seen improvements in analytical reasoning and reading comp, although these improvements have all been untimed, but I cannot seem to get the hang
Of logical reasoning, the most
I've ever gotten correct is 18. I've made flash cards, gone through the techniques used for each question type rigorously. I feel hopeless at this and extremely discouraged. I'm writing in December and I feel like I'll never get the hang of this! Could anyone give advice for how they managed to conquer logical reasoning?!

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    What are you using to study? If it's not 7Sage or the Trainer, I'd highly recommend getting at least one of those if not both and ditching any other resources, especially any that make up their own questions and other shady business.

I would imagine that you really need to work on flaws because they not only make up a decent sized portion of the test, they are part of the foundation of most of the questions in LR. Working on that should help out almost every specific question type.

Also, once you have an understanding of the concepts at work, you really need to be doing everything timed. At least with a stopwatch in the beginning to get a feel for how long things take, and then you can transition to a timer later on in your prep. Untimed improvements at this point mean nothing, you need to practice like you will play on game day, or train as you fight if you will. Also you should focus on the learning process and not an arbitrary administration to take the LSAT. If you're still where you're at after four months then it might take you a year or more to truly be ready to come close to your potential. Of course, maybe some light could come on next week and you'll be fine for December, but the odds don't really favor that in my opinion.

Anyways, just give us some more details of what you use and how you study and we can provide more specific advice for you.