PT14.S4.Q08 - During heavy sunspot activity there is a sharp rise in positively charged ions

casablanca-1casablanca-1 Core Member
edited May 2022 in Logical Reasoning 86 karma

So I picked C during BR after I had mapped it out using lawgic but turns out E is the answer. I dont really understand why E is answer. Help please :)

Admin Note: Edited title. Please use the format: "PT#.S#.Q# - brief description of the question"

Comments

• Summer2022Summer2022 Member
    edited May 2022 30 karma

If you are talking about the question about popular uprisings vs sunspot activity, below are my thought process:

Phenomenon: occurrence of popular uprising & near-maximum sunspot activity
    Further observation of the phenomenon:
    heavy sunspot activity - sharp rise ions in air - make ppl anxious and irritable
    Conclusion: likely sunspot activity is a factor triggering popular uprisings.

Basically, author pointed a correlation of two things and a link of causes/effects to discuss why these two things are correlated and that is one is possibly a factor of causes for another.

The correct answer E demonstrated a correlation between productivity & corner offices with more windows. By providing a casual relationship of "abundant alert light - more alert," it concluded that the great productivity is "probably" "at least in part a result" of the corner offices.

While C also talks about a correlation between cold weather & rise in fuel prices, its casual relationship is more tight (single factor) and direct. Moreover, its conclusion is a prediction instead of explanation of the past/present. If C would be right, the stimulus should conclude as "Therefore if there's a popular uprising next year, it would be a result of the heavy sunspot activity."

Hope this helps :)