Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much can GPA help?

I'm just wondering if anyone has any opinions about how much GPA factors into admissions. If your GPA is significantly higher than the school's median, can that compensate for an LSAT score that is a bit below it?

Comments

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Hi @madisont144 . I'm a former admissions officer. Within the holistic review process, the GPA is one of many factors considered by admissions when considering an application. The GPA and the LSAT are also the most obvious ways a school can compare and contrast candidates in their applicant pool. Each admissions committee reviews files keeping in mind their unique enrollment goals and priorities. Each school has its own enrollment priorities and unique circumstances to consider as they make decisions. Given the school's target medians and the facts of your application, the committee will ask whether your file as a whole helps the school fulfill its enrollment needs at that point in the cycle. As a result, if you are applying to a school where you are a splitter, your results could be unpredictable. I recommend that splitters apply broadly to a range of schools to maximize their chances and options. Good luck!

• madisont144madisont144 Member
    108 karma

@"Selene Steelman" Thank you so much!