Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is J.Y. and team still looking at comments?

Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
in General 893 karma
I have noticed that there don't seem to be any recent responses from J.Y. or his team on any of the comments after any of the lectures for many, many months. Does anybody know if they are still being checked? No sense leaving questions for the authors of this study guide if the comments are not proctored.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    They used to answer all the time when the site was just starting and a bit underpopulated. Quite some time ago they said they were letting the community take the reins on that, which is why you'll see a lot of the mentors/sages and other helpful 7Sagers answering questions within the curriculum. If you ever have a question that goes unanswered for what feels like too long then feel free to post it here because those of us who have finished the curriculum don't always see them on the front page.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Yes, he occasionally checks the forums, but he's very busy.

7Sage is community driven and members help each other out as best as they can. So please don't refrain from leaving a question, chances are it'll be answered by one of the community members.
  • Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    893 karma
    Thanks for the clarification. Hmmm.... The issue I see with that is that the proctors are by definition not expert as they are still all students in the course and haven't neccesarily validated their expertise with a high LSAT score.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    I'm not sure what you mean, but there are plenty of students on these forums as mentors and sages that are scoring well into the 170s.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    One does not need to be an expert or have gotten a 170+ to be able to help their fellow 7Sagers. If someone has a mentor label they have been singled out by 7Sage as being helpful in the forums/comments, and someone with a sage label has actually scored in the 99th percentile on an official LSAT. Furthermore, there are people on here that I would absolutely trust for advice and guidance on the LSAT that have still never taken an official one.

The admins have worked to create a vibrant community of helpful individuals and I would say they have been very successful in doing so. That being said, of course none of us are right all the time, even the sages or the admins, but that it what the community is there for. We all help pick up one another's slack, so if someone sees poor advice or factually incorrect information, everyone here is mature enough to welcome constructive criticism.

If you ask a question on a lesson about universal quantifiers and I tell you the wrong group, you can be sure someone else will come along to correct me and offer you further guidance. And more often than not in that situation I or anyone else would come back and apologize and realize our mistake.

Half the people on the group BR calls have never taken an official LSAT, but I have found my time talking to them to be invaluable. Just because someone is not labeled as an expert does not mean they can't help guide you through a logical argument. It's logic, not rocket science. The longer you hang around the more you will find yourself on the receiving end of help from very intelligent and knowledgable people who may or may not meet your definition of expert, but I think it would be foolish of you to dismiss their advice because of that predisposition.
  • Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    893 karma
    Oh, of course, I am following your very cogent line of reasoning. Well put.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Don't tell anyone else...but @Pacifico is secretly Jeff Bridges...shh...
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    Jeff "bridges" the gap between weak premises and conclusions.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2015 2424 karma
    @"Chipster Study" We can all learn together :D