Five tips for the June LSAT - two weeks before the test

Yan WangYan Wang Member
edited May 2022 in General 285 karma

It was a huge surprise to me the amount of kindness, supportiveness, and congrats I got from my last post (https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/32155/thank-you-7sage-and-free-tutor-sessions) on 7Sage. Thank you all so much for being such a fantastic community. Many people asked me what they should do to prepare for the June LSAT. It is close to the test day, so I put together five last-minute tips for all the June LSAT takers. I tried these things, and they worked to increase my score. I hope they can help others on 7Sage.

1. Rest and sleep well – I can't emphasize this enough, especially when approaching the test date. I personally learned it the hard way. Based on my observations, a fresh mind can instantly increase your score by 5 points. People read faster and retain more information with a fresh mind than with exhausted or drained brains. The tips for this are 1. don't drink caffeine after noon; 2. a solid sleep routine, including a quiet and dark environment, comfortable temperature, no screen at least 30 minutes before going to bed, and sleep early.

2. Practice logic games – in recent tests, the LG section has been fairly constant in the combination of game types, one sequencing game, two grouping games, and one hybrid game. Practice more with the LG section can help us get familiar with the game board setups and nodes to split/push out inferences. Besides, the logic game section is more independent and doesn't require much supportive knowledge like LR and RC.

3. Review your wrong LR questions – now is the time to use your wrong questions journal or log. Doing this would help avoid making the same mistakes in the actual test and decrease the stress by knowing how much improvement you have made along with the study.

4. Revisit your RC strategy – at this point, it is tough to make a significant improvement on RC because reading is such a fundamental skill that we've been practicing for years and years. It is hard to change that in a short amount of time. The good news is that the RC topics in recent tests are consistent too, including one science passage, one law passage, and two humanities passages (history, art, anthropology, paleontology, etc.)

5. Get distracted – it sounds counter-intuitive to get distracted close to the big test. And I understand all the anxiety makes the LSAT the only focus in most June test takers' lives. But the intense focus comes with more stress, making people have trouble sleeping well and even weakening their immune system. The last thing you want is to be sick on your test day. I broke the bad cycle by doing something I enjoyed and unrelated to the LSAT. Funny enough is that I even went to a Buddhist temple to calm my nerve. When I returned to the LSAT, I felt so much positivity toward the test, and my mind was refreshed. It is like the LSAT had been torturing my brain, and I rescued it by taking a break.

Of course, all the tips above are based on my and my students' experience. They don't cover all the situations. Please share your advice and wisdom below so that other LSAT takers can benefit from them. Also, if you have more questions for me, please don't hesitate to reach out by DM or leave a comment here. Best luck to all June LSAT takers. You will nail it!

Comments