Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not Taking a PreTest

themikeryu2themikeryu2 Live Member
in General 20 karma

I'm wondering what 7sage's thoughts are about not taking a pretest. What I mean is waiting to take a LSAT pretest/diagnostic test until I complete most of the 7sage course. I have never been a strong test taker but like anything in life I feel like with enough studying and understanding how to take the test I can do good. That being said I am only on most strong supported argument right now. Is this a bad idea? Should I just take the diagnostic or pretest?

Comments

• MambaMentality93MambaMentality93 Live Member
    503 karma

I think you should take a diagnostic test just to see where you stand, what are your weaknesses, strength etc.. You might be pleasantly surprised!

• ltrollins3ltrollins3 Member
    14 karma

I think this strategy would be good. Understand that taking PTs is absolutely essential, but if you decide to go through the entire curriculum before taking any full PTs, that is actually something I wish I would have done. I used Khan Academy before 7Sage, and their practice sections are randomly pulled from different PTs. So now, I will try and take what I think is a clean PT but I have this weird Deja vu on some of them. I wish I had started with 7sage, and then taken PrepTest36 and up just in a row.

• rachnelirachneli Member
    140 karma

I didn't take a diagnostic either! I was so stressed out that it would be really low because at the time, I didn't understand logic games. I thought a low score might be demoralizing. I'm glad I didn't! Got a 169 in March and am going again in August. I'm totally fine not knowing what my score would have been before.

• TokhajaanTokhajaan Member
    130 karma

I have finished the curriculum and next week will start PT and my diagnostic. I am in a similar situation as you. Let's see how it goes.