Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal Statement

Hi! To those who have already done this (e.g are in law school, just gained admission etc.), or just plain knowledgeable about this, when you wrote your personal statements, did you always include somewhere in that statement "why school x"?

I'm applying this fall, and I honestly hadn't plan on including this in my PS. My plan was to write a separate essay for any schools that ask for this specifically. But I had a phone chat with a school rep today and she told me the admission committee at this school expects you to address why you want to go to this school in your personal statement. What are your thoughts?

Appreciate all your responses. Thanks

Comments

• bananabobananabo Core Member
    1211 karma

Some schools specifically ask you to include why you want to go there in their PS prompt, so it varies by school. For me, I played it safe and included a short paragraph at the end of my PS for the schools that didn't give an option to upload a separate "why x" essay.

• kanel1995kanel1995 Member
    226 karma

@bananabo said:
    Some schools specifically ask you to include why you want to go there in their PS prompt, so it varies by school. For me, I played it safe and included a short paragraph at the end of my PS for the schools that didn't give an option to upload a separate "why x" essay.

Thank you for your response