Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT Scheduling-What to follow?

somya sukritisomya sukriti Member
in General 12 karma

According to 7sage's automatic study schedule, I am to take 6 PTs a week starting next week.
Is taking this many PTs optimum? Or should I space them as 3-4 per week.

Also, how do I add drills into the schedule?

Im taking the Oct'23 LSAT.
Thanks.

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited August 2022 2239 karma

In my opinion, 6 PTs a week is far too many. Unless you’re scoring close to 180 consistently, there’s no way to throughly blind review your PT, analyze the questions you missed, watch explanation vids, etc. if you’re doing 6 PTs a week. Assuming you have a rest day each week, that would mean you’re taking a PT every day and blind reviewing it.

I think a much more reasonable schedule, depending on your school load, work load, and/or outside commitments would be to take 1 to 3 PTs a week. If you’re pressed for time, doing 1 PT a week and thoroughly reviewing it is far better than blitzing through multiple PTs a week. If you have a good amount of time to study each day, however, you could reasonably do three (or four if you're scoring high) PTs a week with thorough review. Remember, the point of a PT isn't to complete it as fast as humanly possible then move to the next, but rather to complete it, review it, and extract all of the possible lessons you can. For this reason, quality almost always beats quantity.

Additionally, if you're truly aiming to take the test in October of 2023, you have more than a year to study. That's great! That's a ton of time and you can improve by leaps and bounds in that time frame. Remember, though: if you begin taking two PTs a week from now until the October 2023 test, you will have completed every PT in existence roughly three months before you sit for the test. If you're dead-set on that test date, I'd encourage you to consider taking only one to two tests a week, thoroughly reviewing them, and drilling your weak areas on days you're not PTing or BRing. Alternatively, you could take the test on an earlier date when you feel comfortable.

Finally, regarding drilling, I think it would be wise to first take a few PTs to have a good idea of your true score average and weak areas. Then, using 7Sage's analytics, you can start drilling your weak areas or areas you're not comfortable with between PTs.

Apologies for the long-winded response! Just trying to answer your questions thoroughly. I hope this helps a bit and good luck with your studies! If you stick with it, you'll do great.

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    edited August 2022 792 karma

1-2 a week maximum. You need time to review your mistakes and mentally reset. More than this causes significant burnout and diminishing returns for the majority of people, and you are wasting valuable practice material that you can't reuse without knowing some of the answers.

My week looks like this just to give you an idea:
    Sunday/Thursday: PT/BR/Wrong Answer Journal/Tutoring
    Monday/Friday: LR day
    Tuesday/Saturday: RC day
    Wednesday: Flex day (I work on what I need to improve on the most)

I do logic games every day in combination with LR and RC. They are split into separate days will reduce burnout and help me stay focused on one particular section of the test at a time. Hope this helps!

Edit: I just saw you were taking the Oct 23 LSAT, in this case I would recommend taking at most one a week, if you take more you will run out of material a few months before you take the real thing.