Inconsistent Scores = anxiety

My scores on my practice tests seem to rely quite a bit on the actual content of the sections. For example, I usually get between -3-4 on RC UNLESS there's a science passage. Then I score -11. Today I took a practice test. No science passage in RC, but there was on particularly difficult passage about free will. I got -11.

My test is in two weeks and I can't think of or find more strategies for RC and LR that can help me stabilize my score. I've been studying for 9 months and I don't know what to do at this point. :(

Comments

• snowcap007snowcap007 Member
    180 karma

For RC, you should begin by drilling science passages. Do 4 in a row of differing difficulties, and I guarantee that they will get easier. Improving at this test is all about confronting your existing weaknesses. Your inconsistency in score is evident of a lapse in knowledge.

• spaci77spaci77 Core Member
    10 karma

Hey Alexa! I have the same exact problem. My test is also in a couple weeks and I am still in the mid 150s before blind review (after blind review is mid 160s). I have no idea how to get out of this hump I am in with my differing blind review score. Would you want to chat/discuss strategies and maybe team up by doing the same passages and comparing our answers/why we chose what we did? If yes, my number is 831-238-6767! :)

• lucasjameszieglerlucasjamesziegler Core Member
    380 karma

Usually when I hit a wall like this, I walk away for a day and don't even touch LSAT stuff. Been studying for 7 months and the break always reenergizes me. Go do something you like for a day and come back to it.