PTF97.S1.Q24 - The last outdoor drive-in movie theater

ashlynbtashlynbt Yearly Member
edited September 2022 in Logical Reasoning 5 karma

Could someone please help explain to me how "C" is the correct answer? I went with choice E because it seemed like the closest to correct, but I honestly didn't think any of them seemed right. I'm reviewing and still can't figure out how that is the right answer.

Comments

• seekersagesolecistseekersagesolecist Alum Member
    16 karma

Im trying to figure this out too but this is my thinking about the question:

The stim says that a requirement for the theater to stay open is "regular" large audiences but that since the final and last week it was open had a huge turnout, the claim by the owner that they could NOT "regularly" attract a large enough audience to stay in business is false.

So based on that logic-- since a large audience happened once, it must be that a large enough audience has been happening at least regularly-- and the owner was wrong or lying or whatever and its just false. To me, this seems like "Whats true of one is true of all," which is the Composition Fallacy.

"C" says that since the students that showed up were against it, that all students in general at the university must be against it-- which is also a Composition Fallacy as it is saying that since this is true about this single group of students at the uni, it must be true about all students at the uni.

"E" talks about two different entities (lib vs athletics), whereas the stem and "C" both just talk about one (theater & lib). Additionally, I don't think it contains the same Fallacy as the stim.