Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Explaining low GPA

Hello everyone. I have some questions regarding when and how to explain a GPA below a school’s median.

Essentially, I was majoring in Biology during my freshman year of college which was something kinda pushed onto me by my parents and not something I wanted to pursue. In addition to this, I moved houses during my very first semester of college and COVID hit during the middle of my second semester. After performing poorly these first 2 semester in college I decided to switch majors to Psychology and went on to earn an A in every single class I took from there until I graduated. Unfortunately, the failing grades I earned those semesters are counted by the LSAC’s cumulative GPA despite me graduating Summa Cum Laude with a 3.98 GPA. This brings my LSAC GPA to a 3.45. I know, yikes.

Is this something worth writing an addendum for? How will law school view me switching majors and my drastic change in grades?