Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jan or Feb LSAT

melvyangmelvyang Member
in General 39 karma

Hi everyone,

I just started studying for the LSAT this week and plan to apply for Fall 2023 admission. The schools I'm applying to have an app deadline of March 1 or later so the Feb LSAT test will be valid. However, I am wondering when I should take the LSAT - Jan and Feb or Jan or Feb. If the latter, which month would be best? If I take it in Feb, I will have 1 more month to study but that's my only chance. If my Feb score isn't great, I will have to wait to apply for the following school year. If I take it in Jan, I can take the LSAT in Febif my score is not what I want (but I do not want to drain my brain out too and get a bad score). My undergrad GPA is low (graduated in 2016) so it's vital to have a high LSAT score. Any inputs on my dilemma?

Comments

• georgianablythe16georgianablythe16 Alum Member
    143 karma

January and February are a little late in the cycle to apply, especially if you're hoping for scholarship money. It's certainly doable but the best advice is to take the LSAT when you're ready and don't rush the process. Your chances of being admitted reduce every month that passes because law schools typically accept students on a rolling basis. Even though they say their deadline is March, I personally would not apply any later than Dec.

• kenadig99kenadig99 Core Member
    16 karma

I am in the same boat as you. Due to extenuating circumstances, I have to take the January LSAT and apply February 1st as this is when the score would be available. I understand that everyone replying with advice about diminishing chances of getting accepted into law school based on the month you apply is doing so with good faith and I am not saying they are wrong either. However, if you are anything like me, seeing replies like these can be disheartening. In your case, my thought would be to simply take the test when YOU feel most comfortable. This is an important score and the LSAT is a beast most don't want to deal with more than once. You will have a good chance of being accepted later in the cycle and your highest possible score will boost those chances. Keep focused on your path and do what is best for you regardless of outside pressures.