Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strategy for Each Section with +50% Time

benjoffe6benjoffe6 Alum Member
edited October 2022 in General 44 karma

Hi everyone, I was approved for +50% time today and just wanted to ask about some strategies to best leverage this extra time.

I was already not horrible in terms of pacing, but I was missing questions bc I was misreading/ rushing questions etc.

My intital impression of the best way to leverage this extra time would be to literally blind review during the actual exam; finish the section in ~35 minutes and then go back and review the answers I’m not 100% confident with. This is also a godsend for diagraming during LG, though I haven’t started studying LG. Same with RC my impression is that I should use the time to read the passages more critically, etc.

If anyone has any additional general of section-specific advice, I’d greatly appreciate it!

Comments

• Caffeinated99Caffeinated99 Core Member
    62 karma

Following this!
    I have 50% time, but because of my learning disability, I usually can't finish in 35 mins and use the time just trying to get things done, but I generally have a couple of minutes extra per section. My only real tip for how to best use the time is not to use your extra time to overthink the answers. I find when I do that, my score takes a big hit!