Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

does the range of few include 0?

mia12345mia12345 Core Member
in General 260 karma

is the range of few statements 0-49? can you assume if a statement says few a are b then at least one a is b? or is it possible that no a are b?

Comments

• TE CSC 2021TE CSC 2021 Core Member
    148 karma

Few implies at least one. If we need to contemplate zero, they will say something like few or none.

• julia.grevejulia.greve Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    191 karma

Hey there,

Great question! "Few" is definitely a tricky word to define when it comes to quantity. The dictionary definition of few is “not many but more than one.” Meaning the only quantity we know for certain is that there are at least two. We don't necessarily know "few" stops at any particular number.

Hope that helps!

• grugthesluggrugtheslug Member
    107 karma

Few implies some for LSAT.

• BuddySmithIIIBuddySmithIII Core Member
    edited October 2022 40 karma

I would say that "few" would not include zero. For the following reasons: Firstly, from my understanding, logically a "few" implies that "some" are, but "most are not". With that being said, "some" has a logical range of 1-100 (100 being All). So, you would have to have at least one of the said things to meet that definition. Secondly, and not to sound redundant, we know that the negation of "some" is "none". Just another piece of evidence to back our claim. I hope this is not confusing and I was able to help.