Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting on Behalf of a 7Sage User: I have trouble remembering the steps in the logic games

Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
edited October 2022 in Logic Games 848 karma

[I am posting on behalf of a 7Sage user. Please feel free to leave your comments below. Thank you for your help!]

I have trouble remembering the steps in the logic games, especially when there are two layers example runners/ charities or grouping in multiple rooms

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

There are a few things that have helped me a ton with this:

1. Read each rule at least twice, maybe more. The first read through could be just to get you familiar with the rules and the game, the second read through could be to write them down, and the third could be to make sure you represented the rules correctly and to start making inferences. The benefit is twofold: You'll make sure you didn't accidentally write a rule incorrectly, and you'll become far more familiar with the rules. Both of these things will help you to remember, and possibly even memorize, the rules.

2. Make your game board as visually representative as possible. This may mean splitting your board or just representing rules directly on your master game board, but anytime you can make a rule less abstract and more visual, it'll help. To get good at this, it'll just take repetition and the creation of good habits when completing the conventional game types.

3. List your rules neatly and do it the same way for each game. Personally, I like to draw my game pieces in the top left of my paper, my board next to the pieces, and then I like to enumerate my rules directly below my game pieces. This helps me because anytime I get stuck on a question or I'm doing a rule-driven game, I can easily go straight down my list of rules that's always in the same place.

I hope these recommendations help some! I guarantee that with practice you can get way better.