Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Significantly Regressing after a month????

RedLightsandRedFlagsRedLightsandRedFlags Free Trial Member
in General 6 karma

I've been doing a test each week on Khan Academy. I study the PowerScore LSAT Bibles everyday then take a practice test sometime on the weekends.
Week 1: 147
Week 2: 151
Week 3: 158 (I hit a high point and I really thought I was getting it)
Week 4: 157 (It wasn't too much of a difference so I wasn't too worried)
Week 5: 149

I don't understand how I'm getting worse. I don't think it can be fatigue since I'm only taking on test a week. My analytical reasoning got worse from 10 right to 7 right, my Logical Reasoning got worse from 19 right to 15 right, and my Reading comprehension pretty much stayed the same (around 20 right).

I've been really struggling with Logical Reasoning as I'd think I understand the answers then get fooled again every time. And while my reading comprehension has stayed the same, I would really like to get it better.

Has anyone else experienced this and can I get any better than 158 or is that probably the best score I'll get now?
Any advice would be great, thanks!****

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

I’ve been hard on powerscore in the past and I think some of it has been a little overblown. Their LR is fine. Their RC is about average (which is quite bad, but they don’t deserve to be singled out). But I will stand by my very worst assessments of their LG. Their methods have been outdated for ten years and I’d typically expect the average powerscore student to severely underperform on LG. -7 to -5 is honestly not a big enough downswing to conclude you’re getting worse, but it does appear you are at least not improving.

Without more information on LR I couldn’t say, though it could be generally indicative of inadequate study strategies. So make sure you’re not just going through the motions. Define specific objectives for each study session and make sure you understand how the work you’re doing is expected to help achieve that objective and how that objective is expected to improve your performance. If you can’t do that, or if you feel like you’re routinely failing to achieve your objectives, you need to change your study habits.