Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best way to mock the actual LSAT?

Kara BearKara Bear Member
in General 23 karma

Hey guys!

I'm sure this question has been posted before, but I wanted to get some input on what others think of this. Since there are only a couple weeks left until the November LSAT, I wanted to change up the way I take my last prep tests.

I'm thinking of simulating a "modern" LSAT and afterwards grabbing a LR, RC, or LG section and taking that as my experimental section. That way, I get a better idea of what my score will actually be since not simulating the modern test counts all 4 sections. Not simulating the modern test and taking all my prep tests with 2 LR sections makes me nervous that a second LG or RC section would throw me off on test day.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

I think that's a great approach. As you said, you'll be simulating the randomness of test day as closely as possible. The only thing I'll add is that you may want to take a test or two on LawHub. Though 7Sage's interface is similar to the actual LSAT's, it's not exact. It can't hurt to take at least a test or two with the exact interface you'll be using on test day, especially if you're trying to make your PTs feel as real as possible.

• Thank you JYThank you JY Alum Member
    328 karma

I’ll add to not take the extra section at the end of the exam. I would randomly decide when to take it but not at the end. Saving the unscored section for last means you’ll suffer from less test fatigue during the scored sections

• asf444333asf444333 Core Member
    26 karma

I would suggest taking any PT's on LawHub and then manually transferring your answers to 7Sage for analytics afterwards. The interfaces are slightly different as someone else mentioned so it's best to get some practice on the same interface you will have on test day.

• Dave1111Dave1111 Member
    74 karma

The Lawhub interface sucks and I was unaware that the Lawhub interface would be the interface for the actual LSAT until the day before I took my test. Also as far as simulating the test, mentally tell yourself that waiting for the proctor to show up, at the start of the test and after the 10-minute intermission, can take 5 to 20 minutes just sitting there waiting just doing nothing.

• Thank you JYThank you JY Alum Member
    328 karma

@Dave1111 said:
    Also as far as simulating the test, mentally tell yourself that waiting for the proctor to show up, at the start of the test and after the 10-minute intermission, can take 5 to 20 minutes just sitting there waiting just doing nothing.

Lmao