Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

nov lsat, LR tips??

hanw.43hanw.43 Core Member

hi, im registered to take the Nov LSAT and I suck at LR. Averaging -13 on LR on recent PT. does anyone have any tips or tricks for weakening or flaw questions??? Or any type of suggestion for LR in general on how to do better?? I am trying to drill but I can't seem to get out of the same mistakes I keep making.

Comments

• alemjo1322alemjo1322 Member
    13 karma

One thing that helped me is to predict what I think the answer will be/ come up with my own answer before reading the answer choices.

• fatmaalazazifatmaalazazi Member
    127 karma
    1. If it's an argument, always find the conclusion.
    2. If it's not an argument (meaning no conclusion), find any supporting link between the premises to create an inference.

Before I look into the AC, I always dive deep into the stimulus to understand where the gap is between the premises or between the premise and the conclusion. The author almost always makes a huge jump from the premise to the conclusion. Your job while reading the stimulus is to understand what that huge jump is. Once you get good at this, the correct AC will become obvious even if you didn't pre-phrase.