Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Streaming Study Group

Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
edited November 2022 in Study Groups 27809 karma

Next Session: TBA

This is a study group open to all students of all levels of ability and experience. It is focused primarily on mutual accountability and staying focused. There is no need to join at start time or stay to the end. This Group is here to work for you, in whatever capacity you are able to benefit from it.

Most study groups are about 90% social and 10% actual work. Y'all know how it goes. And those study groups are really valuable and important. I highly recommend being a part of one. This Group, however, is for staying focused, grinding it out, and taking care of business. It's about accountability rather than participation. We will make a bit of space for breaks and camaraderie, but the main thing is to come together, put our heads down, and get our work done.

We'll have regular meetings on Sunday afternoons, but I'll also go live at times throughout the week, so if you're studying (or trying to) and you see that the Group is live, please feel welcome to join!

Rules and Formatting:

The Lobby
1. Participants will enter into the Study Stream in the Lobby.
2. Participants may access The Common Room and Study Rooms through the Lobby.
3. Mics may be unmuted in The Lobby.
4. Social Breaks may be taken in The Lobby.
5. Social Breaks should not be taken with unreasonable frequency or for unreasonable durations.

The Common Room
1. Video must be turned on. This is the whole concept of a Study Stream. If your video is off, you are not streaming. If you are not streaming, you will not feel the same degree of accountability.
2. Mics must be muted.
3. Messaging should be used for any communications.
4. Messaging should not be used for "chatting."
5. Participants must be actively studying.

Study Rooms
1. Invites to a Study Room should be made through chat.
2. Invites to a Study Room should include a citation to the material to be discussed and a comment on why it will be under discussion.
3. Topics in study rooms should be specific. The Lobby is the better place for general, non-specific discussions. Study Room discussions should be anchored either to specific questions or else to some particular outcome of performance like timing reports or other work product.
4. Zoom dynamics make 1-on-1 discussions preferred here, but larger groups are okay so long as each participant is able to engage productively.
5. Participants need not feel any pressure to participate in another's Study Room discussion. Sometimes when proposed, these will not form up, and that is okay.

Comments

• Glutton for the LSATGlutton for the LSAT Alum Member
    551 karma

Following

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

Happening today. Will be really low key, so feel free to join whenever. I plan to be on for around 4 hours, so anytime 3-7 cst.

27809 karma

Thanks to folks who showed up! I'm glad people felt free to come and go, and I think we all did a great job of focusing on our work. I know I did. While people were in, I really felt accountable and got a lot of work done. As soon as people left, not going to lie, I immediately stopped working, lol. But I think that's proof of the concept, so I'll continue these as long as there's people that want to drop in.

27809 karma

Times posted for tomorrow! Hope to see folks for a productive day of work.

27809 karma

If you're studying today, come join me in an hour and we can work together.

Also, I'm a little behind on my day, so before I dive into work, happy to lead off with some office hours while I coffee up. So bring questions, and I'm happy to help out to kick things off.

edited November 2022 27809 karma

Starting soon!

• qwertyuiop-1-1-1qwertyuiop-1-1-1 Live Member
    111 karma

Will the link be posted?

27809 karma

Hey @"qwertyuiop-1-1-1

The link will be posted while in session. I was called away and had to cut today’s session short, but keep an eye out for future sessions. Sorry I couldn’t be here for the whole time today!

• whistlingplantwhistlingplant Live Member
    98 karma

Starred and liked for next notificaiton. Happy Holidays everyone!