PT93.S1.17 - UNESCO’s 1999 Draft Convention on the Protection of Underwater Cultural Heritage

r.anger1r.anger1 Core Member
edited November 2022 in Reading Comprehension 86 karma

Can someone explain why C is right? I initially chose D and can now see why D isn't necessarily true for Passage B, but I can't figure out why C applies to Passage B.

Comments

• blanklawblanklaw Member
    490 karma

This is where the argument of different classes of artifacts came into play-- selling coins vs. cultural items. This is the only major distinction made in Passage A (taken from the words of the question) and it does play a role in the author's argument-- particularly with the idea of whether or not archeological integrity is kept if the coins are sold (as per the terms in the contract between the company and the British government).

• r.anger1r.anger1 Core Member
    86 karma

@blanklaw Thank you! I do see how it's a distinction made in A, but how does it factor into Passage B?

• blanklawblanklaw Member
    490 karma

Sorry, just read how you asked about B not A:

It is the fundamental principle at play in rule #2. Trade, sale-- i.e. monetary value out of UCH is fundamentally incompatible with proper management of UCH-- why? because there is inherent non-monetary value in the object that must be maintained (see rule #1 for hints into that)