Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking a Gap Year Advice

nadian00rnadian00r Core Member
in General 69 karma

So I’ve decided to officially take a gap year and while I know my chances at getting in when the Fall 2024 application cycle first opens is far better and taking a gap year will let me prepare for the June 2023 test without stress, I’m still a bit bummed. I always dreamed about going to law school straight from undergrad and I feel like some part of my dreams have been crushed a little.

If anyone has words of advice and encouragement to get past this and look toward the future with a positive light, I would really appreciate it <3 also if anyone has any suggestions on what to do during this gap year, I would really appreciate it.

Comments

• mikalyn.greenzweigmikalyn.greenzweig Live Member
    503 karma

Here to tell you that me taking a gap year was the best decision I've ever made! I always dreamed about going straight from undergrad to law school, but as I began studying for the LSAT, trying to juggle school, work, and a social life, I realized that it was just going to be impossible, especially since I started no where near my goal score. I was told by so many law students and lawyers that the best way to look at a gap year is know that it is a major investment for the future. Since taking a year off to study I decided to work at a law firm as a law clerk to gain some experience and focus more on the LSAT. I've been so much more relaxed and relived to know that I won't have to rush my LSAT progress or stress about meeting the deadlines for my applications. Although it stinks to think about, it is so worth it!!