Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How has the LSAT Changed in 27 Years?

noahzarc1noahzarc1 Alum Member
in General 45 karma

Hello, I took the LSAT in the fall of my Senior year in college back in 1996. I decided to venture on a professional career in law enforcement. I am planning to take the LSAT either late this year or early 2024 and planning to retire and go to law school hopefully sometime in 2024 or 2025. I faintly recall the LSAT from 27 years ago, I am just beginning my journey to reacquaint myself with the process again. Has the exam changed, are there new areas that have been introduced? Also, is the test at the testing center computer based now? Needless to say, it was not computer based back in 1996. I feel I have a lot to learn about the process again.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

Actually, it’s pretty similar for now, though big changes to the logic games section are coming up. The test only went digital in either 2018 or 2019, so even that is a fairly new development. Things have certainly evolved some: RC is more nuanced and there’s a lot more grammar tricks in LR than there was back in the early days. But these are more shifts in emphasis than real changes. For now, you can mostly expect things to be same as ever just on a computer.

• noahzarc1noahzarc1 Alum Member
    45 karma

Very Helpful, thank you.