Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Many vs Some

catatac7catatac7 Alum Member
For practical purposes can some and many be treated the same way for LR sufficient assumption questions?

Comments

• gs556gs556 Member Inactive Sage
    568 karma
    "On the LSAT, the word "many" just means "some".

- http://7sage.com/lesson/many-some/
  • catatac7catatac7 Alum Member
    24 karma
    And now I remember reading this. Thank you.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    I like to think that "many" does not mean one. And hopefully, "many" is more than 2. Just for the sake of, you know, sanity.

But in all other respects, many = some and logically you should treat it the same way.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Yeah. I treat some=many. I even use the LSAT-definition of some in real life now in that I'll sometimes use "some" when I mean 80% of something which confuses a lot of people. lol.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Haha. @ddakjiking Remind me to bring a notepad when I talk to you. I'll graph out all your statements.
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    many= some. aka more than 1, with the possibility of "all".
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @ddakjiking said:
    I'll sometimes use "some" when I mean 80% of something which confuses a lot of people. lol.
    And I as well use it interchangeably, (e.g. I have many good qualities.) - when I only have one or two. Parrump-Tss!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Be careful because some means at least one, not more than one. Therefore while you would like to think that many is plural, it can be dangerous to do so.
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    I MEANT THAT! i swear!! *Brain fart* :P thanks for pointing that out!