Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Messaging Study Buddies

Dev MockDev Mock Member
edited July 2015 in Technical Problems 67 karma
Someone added me as a study buddy,today. When I tried to send a message using the button next to their name, I got the error "You must select at least one recipient", even though the user's username was in the "Recipients" field. I tried in both Chrome and IE, in case it was a browser problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" have you seen this happen before?
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Yikes, I haven't seen this before. I'll let @"Alan Cheuk" know.
  • goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
    531 karma
    Happened to me as well, however when I went to look up the user who added me, their name didn't come up, so I did not think anything of it.
    12637 karma
    Hmm, what was the user's username?
  • Dev MockDev Mock Member
    edited July 2015 67 karma
    The username is: rhakeembrown24
    I really appreciate that you are trying to help. Thank you!
    12637 karma
    Okay, I'm 99% sure I know why this is not working.

If a user doesn't visit the forums after they create an account, then they don't have an inbox for the forums because they don't have a forum account. (Don't know if you remember, but when you first look at the forums, you get a message saying "Just a moment, setting you up" or something similar. That's the system setting up your inbox and username for the forums.)

It looks like @rhakeembrown24 has not visited the forums, nor do they have a full course with 7Sage. I'll ask Alan about a resolution because this can get frustrating. Sorry for the confusion guys!

@goalis180 Can you give me the user's username too so I can see if my theory is correct?
  • Dev MockDev Mock Member
    67 karma
    That makes sense. Thanks so much for taking the time to look at this.
    PS-I think the study buddy resource is fantastic and I'm really glad that y'all added it.