LG Tips/Hints?

decesares1decesares1 Member
in Logic Games 85 karma

Hello, everyone!

Taking the LSAT in April, and I'm not feeling too good about it. For me, it seems like time is the real problem. For Logic Games, I can complete just about any game with 100% accuracy, but it takes me ~10 minutes per game. That's not going to cut it. If I skip (guess) the hardest question out of each group, I can cut my time down by a couple of minutes -- but that feels to me a lot like dropping 4 questions. Probably not the best tactic.

If I am being honest with myself, I think that it takes me a bit too long to identify an inference or the effect that one of the rules, in combination with another rule, has on the game. Practice is the only way to get better at this, I imagine.

But are there any tips, tricks or techniques for cutting one's time down on these games? Thanks in advance! You guys are the best, and good luck to everyone!

Comments

• aiman.shahabaiman.shahab Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    72 karma

Hey @decesares1! You are correct in that the best way to improve is practice, particularly Foolproofing. This has consistently been the number one way I've seen students work on time management in LG (myself included). But that wasn't your question so here are a couple other thoughts for "quick" tips: 1. It's typically worth it to build out game boards only when you see a rule that cleanly splits the board. If you foresee there will be more than 8 game board templates, it's probably not worth your time to build out all those game boards. 2. If any question gives you a new game board, draw it out! You can use it to answer other questions, especially could be true/must be true/etc. questions. 3. Try to answer "local" over "global" questions first. Local questions are the ones that give you an additional premise or rule. You'll usually game board out of these that you can use to answer global questions. 4. If you're struggling with timing and rule subsitution questions are challenging for you, skip those and come back to it at the end.

I hope that helps! If you'd like more in-depth help with LG, working with one of our in-house tutors might be a good fit for you. Feel free to schedule a free consult with one of our tutors here: https://calendly.com/7sage-tutoring/7sage-tutoring-free-consultation?utm_source=FCA_A.

• decesares1decesares1 Member
    85 karma

Thanks so much for the reply! Excellent tips!