Free Office Hours - Next Session Wednesday, 5/10, 8pm Eastern

Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
edited May 2023 in General 6866 karma

Link: will be posted here ~15 minutes before session start

Previous thread was getting a bit long in the tooth, so starting a new one! Face cameras are gently encouraged - it's a lot easier to have a conversation that way.

=============

Hi everyone! About a year ago, I decided it would be cool to run some office hours and help some folks out, and so far I think a bunch of people have gotten good stuff out of our discussions so I'm continuing to run them. If you've ever wanted to talk through an issue with a high-end tutor but couldn't afford top-end tutoring rates, here's your chance to get that perspective.

Who Am I/Why Should You Listen To Me?
I scored 175 on the September 2006 LSAT (-4 RC, -2 LR, -0 LG), graduated from Columbia Law School in 2010, spent a year on fellowship with a judge in Bronx Supreme Court Criminal Division while teaching LSAT on the side, and have been teaching the LSAT full time since September 2011. I worked with JY on PreProBono and in the early years of 7Sage, was a 7Sage "Approved Tutor" for the entire life of that categorization, and am the only person other than JY himself who has ever had an instructional video published on 7Sage's live site. I have also been the lead tutor and LSAT department chair of a high-end private tutoring boutique here in NYC. Some of my writing still resides in the "Sage Advice" section of this forum, so go check it out if you're interested.

Over the past decade-plus, I have amassed over 8,000 hours of combined classroom-based and one-on-one LSAT teaching experience, working with a diverse set of students from across the USA and all around the world - Canada, Brazil, Netherlands, England, France, Qatar, Korea, and China just to name a few. The best score increase I've ever achieved with a student is +36 (136 -> 172). I've sent students to every t14 school except for Stanford (my white whale! they rejected me back when I was applying too), as well a wide variety of other schools across the United States and Canada, including at least one student to Harvard in 12 of my 13 full years of doing this (as of April 2023).

If you listen to the 7Sage Podcast, you may have heard my name mentioned in episode #67 - Vanessa (138 -> 169) was my student.

How Can I Join?
I'll put up a video chat link above when the time comes, and take it down when we're done.

When Will These Be Happening?
I currently intend for this to be a weekly thing, but the timing will vary depending on the other moving pieces of my schedule. It's not likely that every time will work for everyone, but I will at least attempt to switch it up so that anyone interested can make it at least some of the time. I currently live in New York, but I am a born and raised Californian so I understand the tyranny of Eastern Time very well, so don't worry West Coasters - I'm thinking of you guys too.

What Can I Ask?
Anything is fair game - general theory questions, questions about individual questions, macro questions about how to study/study trajectory, questions about what hair products I use, etc. Feel free to DM me questions in advance as well.

"Spoilers" (questions from more recent tests that not everyone might have gotten to yet) will be handled on a case by case basis. Over the past year or so of running office hours almost every week, I haven't found them to be too much of an issue, so I won't attempt to handle a crisis that hasn't cropped up yet.

Will This Be Recorded/Uploaded Somewhere?
No plans for recording at this time.

What Will This Cost Me?
Nothing but your time. Happy to help.

What If I Have Another Question?
Fire away! In this thread or in DM.

Comments