PTB.S4.Q06 - I need an explanation for the main conclusion

anniya25anniya25 Live Member
edited June 2023 in Logical Reasoning 5 karma

PrepTest B - Section 4 - Question 06
I picked "E" but the correct answer is "C" but I don't understand why can someone help me?

Admin Note: Edited title. Please use the format: "PT#.S#.Q# - brief description of the question."

Comments

• 1stWorldProblems1stWorldProblems Live Member
    649 karma

can you copy the questions and answer choices here?

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited June 2023 622 karma

Hi @bonafide. Please note that posting the entire question and answer choices for the LSAC question is against the Forum Rules, as this is copyrighted content.

However, you can always check the questions and answer choices using the link here: https://7sage.com/preptests/, or the link here: https://7sage.com/problem-sets/.

Thank you!

• 1stWorldProblems1stWorldProblems Live Member
    649 karma

oh ok, got it.

• Diamond-1Diamond-1 Alum Member
    16 karma

I can't find the explanation for this question. Is it possible someone can explain?

• JesseWeNeedToCookJesseWeNeedToCook Alum Member
    137 karma

Context is the first two sentences.

Main conclusion: Their decision is foolish

then goes on to explain why their decision is foolish (which are premises supporting why the decision is foolish) specfically mentioned they should have revealed after they were hired.

Answer choice is C: Because it's simply restating what the author has already said in different words and it is what the information that the other provides is building towards.

E is wrong mainly for the fact that it is an assumption that the author makes, but is certainly not the main conclusion of the argument.

Essentially for this question you see the author give an opinion on situation, and he then goes on to justify that opinion. Therefore the opinion is the is the conclusion.