Lizards/Snakes

goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
in General 531 karma
Sooooo, I just did Pt 27 S2 G2 which is the lizards and snakes game. That was challenging as hell. Did you guys struggle with this game as well? Also I am a bit flustered by the explanation of this game. JY makes the claim that the 1st premise of this game means that each habitat has 2 slots, but how do we know that if the rule just states MAX 2 PER SLOT? Max 2 does not mean every habitat has 2 slots. Also, during the exam you are not going to "ignore certain elements of the game." How did you guys go about solving this game?

Comments

• NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    edited August 2015 1654 karma
    *removed*
  • goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
    531 karma
    Where are my 7sage geniuses?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Hold on let me print this one out.
    8021 karma
    Definitely pretty challenging the first go round, I got 6/7 in 13:13, then watched the video, still didn't make the extra game boards at the outset and got 7/7 in 6:43. I don't think it's really that tough since the questions are all relatively easy as half of them are conditional questions. #7 is just a time suck because it's a wall of text for an acceptable situation so it takes a little more time than the average acceptable situation question. #8 is pretty straightforward as there is are only two worlds and if you just draw one you'll see where the switch is which should immediately take you to E. #9 you can quickly eliminate D and E if you distributed the 3 females to 2 snakes and 1 lizard at the beginning of the game, and you can eliminate B because you just showed it to be false in the last game. You then just have to realize that all the females could pair up with other females or males and that gets rid of A, so C is all you have left. #10 is probably the toughest question in my opinion, but if you just get down to brute forcing it you can solve it in about a minute if you didn't make multiple game boards at the outset. #11 is much easier than the analytics suggest, as you can draw a quick board knowing 3 is empty and the snakes have to be doubled up on each side of the 3 slot. You should immediately see the snakes can be in 1, 2, 4, and 5 so A should jump out of you and then move on. #12 is also pretty straightforward as a quick board should show you the snakes must be doubled up and again just rotate through 1, 2, 4, and 5 as in the last question.

As far as your other questions go: Max 2 means every habitat COULD have 2 slots, so doing it the way JY did it is just one way to signify that to yourself. If it makes it easier for you, you could add in 3 "/" as elements to show which habitats have only one slot, but that all depends on how you interact with the elements. The importance of putting in a second row like he did is so you don't try and throw more than 2 in any habitat.

As for ignoring certain elements in a game, people definitely do that from time to time on the actual test, and this game is a great illustration of when it can be helpful to you. But it is definitely on the highest end of the skillset required for LG, so don't sweat it if you're not there yet, or if you ever get there. It's not a necessary skill, but it can be beneficial in the right situations.
    edited August 2015 531 karma
    @Pacifico 13:13? Were you already good at logic games, and have been practicing for a while? Because your 13:13 just crushed my hopes and dreams lollol.
    8021 karma
    I did this for the first third of the bundle... so PTs 1-13 or so:

http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy

I spent a little too much time pondering making multiple game boards at the outset, and was a bit too slow on the cannot questions. But the fact that I was able to cut my time almost in half shows me that I should've finished this game in 9-10 minutes at most. Though this game is more of a pain in the ass than most sequencing/grouping hybrids, my real weakness is with heavy conditional in/out games where rules don't chain up well. I'm starting to go back to the bundle now just to refine my skills so I can stay consistently in the -0 to -2 range on full PTs.
    531 karma
    I have only been doing logic games for 3 weeks. I get the basics, but def was not able to do this game. I just really need to finish the course and drill. I don't want to drill during the course because I will never finish, my drilling is too percise for me to drill before finishing the course.