Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes to keyboard commands for the LSAT in 2023-2024

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited August 2023 in General 5740 karma

Hi 7Sagers,

The LSAC informed us that the testing interface for the LSAT will undergo changes for the 2023-2024 cycle, beginning with the August 2023 test. As part of enhanced security measures, the use of keyboard commands like CTRL-F will no longer be possible. However, an alternative function, known as "find text", developed by the LawHub team, will offer similar features in a more secure manner. See the image below.

The "find text" function will be visible at the top center of every page, and it allows test takers to search for terms, with results being highlighted with orange tags or made identifiable for visually impaired users via a screen reader (see the image below). To reset the field, users just need to erase the searched term. It is important to note that this function cannot be dismissed and will be present on all LSAT pages.

For test takers to practice, the "find text" function will be implemented on all LawHub practice tests starting from August 1. Guidance on its use will be available in the "Need help?" section on LawHub. Any queries can be directed to licensingsupport@LSAC.org.

Comments

• kayshara12kayshara12 Live Member
    8 karma

Thanks for this information!

• lonelycarbonlonelycarbon Core Member
    65 karma

I didn't know CTRL-F was even a function we could use!! OMG!

• SlowDownSlowDown Alum Member
    84 karma

Important for everyone:

I've noticed that the tool does not work unless you input 3 or more characters.

E.g., if you're trying to find the word "in" you'll need to enter a space after for the word for the tool to kick in (i.e, "in "). Similarly, if you needed to find a one letter word (for whatever reason), you need to enter a space before AND after for the tool to kick in (i.e., " a ").

This is just something I noticed while experimenting. Probably better to know this now, rather than be confused on test day.

• BELLA__JILBELLA__JIL Core Member
    30 karma

And this can be use on test day? I have no idea!! Someone please clearify this to me!

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    848 karma

@"Bella-the Great" said:
    And this can be use on test day? I have no idea!! Someone please clearify this to me!

Yes! LSAC mentioned that they will start implementing the new "Find Text" function beginning with the August 2023 test.