Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Taking the test twice - 7Sage Forum

Taking the test twice

I live in Japan so test dates aren't every month for me. I plan on taking Oct LSAT, however, I'm worried about my score. If I apply ED, then retake the LSAT in Jan, will my ED applications be able to see both scores? Or will it go off of the Oct LSAT only?

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8485 karma

They will be able to see the pending test date as well as the new score when it posts. How a school treats that depends on the individual admissions office. Schools can default to progressing with the current score or a hold pending the new score. I would assume ED programs tend not to hold. Most programs (but not all) allow you to request the other (non-default) option. But best to call and verify.

Couple points you didn't ask about...

1. ED is generally a bad idea IMO unless it includes an acceptable-to-you scholarship. A strong applicant is a strong applicant regardless of ED status and the fact that you apply ED does not make up for sub-median stats. In other words if you don't have the numbers, ED isn't helping, and if you do have the numbers, you don't need to apply ED. ED is good when signaling yield is important, like when you really want to go to a school that may see you as a yield risk, or you are playing the long game on a reach school, signaling yield for a waitlist pull. Regardless, you are giving up all negotiating power.

2. By Feb (when your Jan score posts) many schools will be full. I was a Feb applicant and the effect was substantial. But good outcomes are definitely still available and every cycle is different.