Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SA Questions Tips

Okay, I have been working w SA questions since the end of August now, ( I am an undergrad student so doing this on top of classes is ass), and I feel like I am really missing something. I am missing more than half on some of these PS, and even during BR, I don't catch my errors. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the fundamental patterns of SA questions engrained in my head? Or even just how to go about re-visiting the foundations of SA questions (I feel like the video examples aren't too helpful in this section)

Comments

• NoahWoahNoahWoah Alum Member
    10 karma

My performance on SA and PSA improved dramatically after going through the NA and MoR sections and studying those for a while.

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    edited October 2023 797 karma

A good way to tackle these types of questions is to identify the conclusion and the premises, and ask yourself where the hole in the argument is. Did the author not say something that would make the argument valid? Was the author not clear about something? Etc.

Sometimes with the aforementioned method, you can predict the answer choice, and predicting makes this question type super easy. The harder SA questions won't be this easy, however, so you'll have to spend more time on the stimulus and figure out the ways to which you could seal the hole.

Basically, the SA question is like a jar of water with a hole in it that's currently leaking water. Your job is to patch this hole and fix the jar, making it not leak anymore. You can do this in a variety of different ways, such as duct tape, flex seal, etc. This is like your SA answer, there might be more than one way to patch the hole, but only the correct answer will patch it, the rest will either leave the hole still partially unpatched or even not patched at all.

Patch the hole in the argument!