PTA.S1.Q20 - In the country of Boldavia, only 1 percent of...

kgarciarojaskgarciarojas Live Member
edited October 2023 in Logical Reasoning 36 karma

Can someone provide some insight into why answer choice A is correct. I chose D because I identified the conflicting events/occurences to be the steadily increasing proportion of left-handers in newer generations despite the fact that overall-lefthandeness has remained constant.

The only answer that solved this for me was a decreasing birth rate. If less people are being born then despite there being a greater percentage of left handers in younger generations, for example as the question states 20% among 20 year olds and 10 % among fifty year olds, these greater proportions could still actually be equal to past proportions if the amount of 20 year olds born was smaller than the amount of fifty year olds born due to that decreasing birth rate. So the trend of constant overall and growing proportion in younger generations still works.

What I can see that would make this wrong is that is says a gradually decreasing birth rate, but if we are talking about 80 years, then idk how to gauge what would be considered gradual in that amount of time.

As for answer A, I am not seeing the resolution. I may be too built into my own answer, so anybody else please I would be happy to hear your perspectives.