Diversity Statement/ Additional Essays - to do or not to do?

Johnny TsunamiJohnny Tsunami Core Member
edited October 2023 in Law School Admissions 181 karma

Hi everyone. Just wanted to get your takes on the diversity statement/additional essays.
How much would it hurt me to forgo these and simply submit just my personal statement?
I have read that forcing a diversity statement is not a good idea and even though I am an international, I just can't seem to write an effective essay on the topic!
On the other hand, I am considering writing additional essays (especially the "why do you want to go to our law school" prompt) and short answer essays for my top choice schools but again is this essential?

As a final note, what's the best place to get someone to check over my personal statement? I am considering using 7sage services but alternatives are welcome.

Comments

• deerparkwaterdeerparkwater Alum Member
    18 karma

If an additional essay can boost your application than do it. The only "essential" thing to do is make yourself the best candidate for the schools you are applying to. Regarding personal statement review, if you have anyone around you that has a legal/academic background I highly recommend you ask them to review before spending money on someone to review it.