Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Frustration with LG removal from CCv2

izzy101247izzy101247 Alum Member
edited October 2023 in General 103 karma

Not sure if anyone else feels like this, but I believe 7Sage’s decision to remove LG from CCv2 does a disservice to those who were currently using it to take the LSAT before August 2024.

I have been using CCv2 for its streamlined approach to LR. Now, I have to go back and forth between two different versions to access LG and new LR. I also have different sets of completion progress data due to using CCv2 for the majority of my studies. Not sure if this is unique to my profile, but it is very jarring and stressful to see sometimes. I’m not sure if this is just me and I should get used to it? Any tips?

Is it possible for 7Sage to include a CCv3 (CCv2+LG) or a feature that disables the logic games section for new LSAT test takers?

Comments

• strawbbbstrawbbb Alum Member
    16 karma

I agree with this, I felt that the second Version of the syllabus was much a more helpful / efficient way of approaching Logic Games. Please bring it back !!

• letslearntogetherletslearntogether Live Member
    47 karma

Bump on this! I need to be able to see games without moving back and forth it is really frustrating.

• mm_aa205mm_aa205 Core Member
    29 karma

totally agree with this!! its been super inconvenient imo

• vilanocookievilanocookie Core Member
    19 karma

Without warning either!

• kescoe26kescoe26 Live Member
    62 karma

Agreed!

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited October 2023 611 karma

@izzy101247 @strawbbb @letslearntogether @mm_aa205 @vilanocookie
    @kescoe26

Hi All,

I'm so sorry for the trouble, and I truly appreciate your feedback and suggestions. We are committed to providing excellent service and continuously seeking areas for improvement, so I will certainly share your input with the rest of our team.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other feedback or suggestions. We're all ears! Many thanks, everyone!

• ellewoods179ellewoods179 Core Member
    30 karma

I agree with this! As someone who planned their timeline with the study schedule which used CCV2 logic games, my timeline is completely ruined with them removing the logic games section. For example, the streamlined version allowed me to complete logic games curriculum within a week and switching back to CCV1 it will take much longer. My suggestion would be at add it back with an option to remove if someone is planning to take the August LSAT.

• 99sph21tu99sph21tu Core Member
    26 karma

I completely agree with this! I'm taking the November LSAT and this completely threw off my schedule :( plus the V2 logic games was more condensed and I don't have time to go through V1. Save me and please bring back V2 logic games. It's too early to make these adjustments

• izzy101247izzy101247 Alum Member
    103 karma

Just adding that is much easier for users planning to take the new LSAT to collapse or "checkmark complete" the LG section for the time being than it is for current users to have to completely switch versions and accommodate their study schedules.

• CoolHumanPersonCoolHumanPerson Core Member
    edited October 2023 16 karma

I was almost done with the LG section on V2 and now I suddenly have hours of material left if I pick it up from the same point in V1. This completely messed up my planned schedule. Shouldn't we have been put to notice before removing LG from V2?

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1452 karma

@elizabethdarlene @99sph21tu @CoolHumanPerson

Hi there,

The LG lessons in CC V1 and CC V2 are completely the same, the time to complete CC V1 is longer because of the pre-made Problem Sets in CC V1 which were removed in CC V2 because the Drill feature is better. You can just skip the Problem Sets in CC V1 and use Drills to practice the type of games you want to work on.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

edited October 2023 103 karma

@"Cherry - Student Service"

Users, who are paying for this service, shouldn't have to suddenly accommodate and manually "skip" hours of built-in material to adhere to their original study setup/plan. CCv2 was better BECAUSE "pre-made Problem Sets in CC V1 which were removed in CC V2 because the Drill feature is better"

Why should we suddenly have to navigate between two different website versions and have to manually skip or ignore hours of video to match the original setup 7Sage provided? It's really illogical and inconvenient to the users testing for the November LSAT.

Users pay 7Sage for an easier LSAT study experience. The fact this was done without warning is incredibly inconsiderate to the CCv2 users still taking the next five test administrations.

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7286 karma

Hi everyone,

We heard your feedback and added Logic Games back to Core Curriculum Version 2. Thank you for using 7Sage, and please continue to give us feedback! We always want to do what's right for you.

Happy logic gaming! (It was also my favorite section back in the day.)

• mm_aa205mm_aa205 Core Member
    29 karma

@izzy101247 I completely agree. idk if im making a big deal out of nothing but im super frustrated that im paying nearly $100 monthly (CAD) for a service that is now pretty inconvenient

• markmywordsmarkmywords Core Member
    243 karma

Thanks @"David Busis" Really grateful 7sage listens and put games back

103 karma

Thank you so much for listening. I really appreciate 7Sage for promptly responding to student feedback. @"David Busis"

Also, a big thank you to the student service reps for their help in resolving this issue. @"Cherry - Student Service" @"Mary - Student Service"

• roparqueroparque Core Member
    edited February 19 7 karma

Hi admins,

Stumbled upon this discussion post and I would also like the LG section added to my CCV2 syllabus. Can any admin please assist this asap?

@"David Busis" @"Cherry - Student Service" @"Mary - Student Service"

please disregard, I see the logic games section in CV2. instead, are we not able to get a "logic games" heading that tells us the number of lessons we completed and the %?