Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG is my lowest scoring section

itscrunchtimebbyitscrunchtimebby Core Member
in General 16 karma

Does anyone else struggle with LG way more than LR and RC? I significantly improved on those sections, but I haven’t improved much on LG. It’s the one section that’s REALLY holding me back. So, I have a some questions.

For the games you have trouble with:

-How many times do you repeat them?
-How long do you wait between each repeat?
-When do you start timing yourself?
-When do you expect to get the game done in target time?
-More broadly, what is your LG study process?

My process is as follows:

I’m working on In/Out games right now. I’ll do the problem set on my own untimed. I’ll then watch the explanation video and set the game up like JY. I’ll compare my notations and diagramming to his. I’ll then rework the game question by question using the new setup. I’ll attempt each question again by myself and then watch JY explain it. After this, I’ll table the game for 1-2 days and then try it again on my own. It will be better at this point, but I usually don’t hit the target time.

Is this process effective? Is there anything I could do differently?

Comments

• alyssaf99alyssaf99 Alum Member
    14 karma

Hey! I totally feel you on this one.

For the games I have trouble with:

-How many times do you repeat them? I give myself two or three times. Once as like a mini blind review (so not looking at the answer but giving myself some time to figure it out without the time pressure), second after watching the 7Sage review/explanation, and a third (more rare and somewhat optional) review if I really don't understand.
    -How long do you wait between each repeat? For the first repeat, I do it right after I finish a test or after I do a drill. Second, after the first blind review. Third, I give myself a couple days before attempting a third time.
    -When do you start timing yourself? I time myself for two different times (using the lap button on my phone's stopwatch). Once to time how long my set up is and another for how long the actual answering questions is.
    -When do you expect to get the game done in target time? I've been studying since early September so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be okay by end of November? And then really hone my skills for the month of December, take the test in January, and then re-work on things if I need to take a test after January.
    -More broadly, what is your LG study process? I've found that, in addition to 7Sage, Mike Kim's the LSAT Trainer has been so. SO. SO! helpful. So before I get into anything, I would highly recommend that. My process is pretty straightforward:

1. Do drill (timed)
      a. Do all my work in a separate notebook so I can really see my thought process. I also write my times there too.
      b. Time how long it takes me to set up and how long it takes me to answer the actual questions.
      c. Circle ones that I really do not know and/or need to do a mini blind review for.
    2. Do mini blind review (untimed)
    3. Check answer
    4. Watch 7Sage explanation (I do this regardless of how many answers I got right, whether it's all right or all wrong)
    5. Repeat question. (timed)
    6. Go over answers, do a self-check on how confident I feel about the concept.
    7. If needed, wait a day or a few then do it again to ensure that I got it. (timed)

Hope this was helpful! DM me if you have questions. Good luck :)

• Elaf Al-MusawiElaf Al-Musawi Alum Member
    edited October 2023 39 karma

If it is possible, you can wait until August 2024. If it's not @alyssa.futa tips are helpful. That's how I work with them. I still work on timing, though.

• GOOD_JAMSGOOD_JAMS Live Member
    12 karma

If you can wait a year....

• itscrunchtimebbyitscrunchtimebby Core Member
    16 karma

Yeah, can't wait a year because I've invested so much time and money in LSAT prep already. I'm also 26 now and really want to get through school to get my life started as a lawyer.