Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Modern PT versus All Four Sections.

B0NESEBAGEB0NESEBAGE Core Member
in General 11 karma

What happened to the old check box for the Modern Preptests where it discarded the extra section? There used to be a selection box for this option when taking full preptests... Just took PT91 for example and it made me do all 4 sections. I thought there used to be an option to cut out the extra section.

Comments

• anamariaanamaria Alum Member
    edited November 2023 27 karma

it automatically discounts the experimental section from your score for test 90 and more recent!

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1524 karma

Hi there @B0NESEBAGE,

@anamaria is correct, PrepTests 90, 91, 92, and 93 are in the format of the new PrepTest. They have 3 scored sections and 1 variable experimental section so the variable experimental section is automatically excluded from your score.

PrepTests 1-89 are all the "old" style LSAT that has 4 scored sections (2 LRs, 1 RC, and 1 LG). So if you took the 4 sections, all 4 sections will be scored so you have the option to simulate the modern LSAT for these PrepTests which will skip the second LR section and only 3 sections will be scored.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

• oi0o9oi0o9 Free Trial Member
    7 karma

@anamaria said:
    it automatically discounts the experimental section from your score for test 90 and more recent!

Discounting the experimental section for tests taken 90 or more recent seems like a fair and practical approach.