Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PrepTest 94 Logic Games Section

evanescenceevanescence Core Member
in Logic Games 194 karma

Hello!
I'm wondering, for those of you who have taken the latest PrepTest released by LSAC, #94, how you went about answering Question 8? I don't understand how the student can't take Geology and History in Semester 2? I'm probably messing up my Conditional Translations, and DeMorgan's Law somehow... Can someone help?

Comments

• ashwinmashwinm Core Member
    19 karma

It goes back to the 3rd rule of the game: "If the student takes history in semester 2, she takes geology and literature in semester 1." So, if H is in semester 2, G has to be in semester 1. They can't both be in 2 together!

• evanescenceevanescence Core Member
    194 karma

@ashwinm said:
    It goes back to the 3rd rule of the game: "If the student takes history in semester 2, she takes geology and literature in semester 1." So, if H is in semester 2, G has to be in semester 1. They can't both be in 2 together!

OMG!! Wowww… I mistakenly wrote down that rule as H2 —> L1 and completely missed the Geology part!! Ugh, the importance of reading carefully! Thank you for your help :)