Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Writing Sample. PLEASE HELP!

sgoldsmith7sgoldsmith7 Live Member
in General 744 karma

Guys, I am freaking out. I took the Nov. 9th LSAT at a test center, and used my military ID with no issue. It is my only photo ID that has my married name on it, since I just legally changed my name a few months ago. Since I didn't actually test virtually, I wasn't aware that I can't take a picture of my military ID that has my legal name, so I had to submit a picture of my license for writing-- which has my maiden name on it. I created the account with my maiden name (literally in my username), and since I am in another state for military for another year, it is almost impossible for me to go back to my home state just to change my dl. My passport says my maiden name too, since I got it in 2019; my passport and license don't even expire for several years. I emailed LSAC a picture of my mil. ID anyways because I am so worried and upset that my writing might be cancelled or hinder my test because of this small discrepancy. Has anyone had a similar situation? What should I do? The LSAC rep. I just spoke to was rude and unhelpful. I really hope the email with my other ID will be enough; I legit still have my old SSN too with my maiden name. Ugh!

Comments

• strugglinbutsmilinstrugglinbutsmilin Live Member
    114 karma

Honestly, I would call LSAC again as chances are you will be connected to a different rep who may turn out to be extremely helpful. If not, maybe view it as a sliver lining. Were you 100% happy with your writing sample? In the event that LSAC is not willing to make an exception, then perhaps you'll get lucky in the sense that your re-do is actually much better than your first attempt.

On the other hand, if you thought your writing sample was amazing and the second rep is not helpful, then what do you have to lose by calling even a third time? (as long as you are polite)

To be clear, I am not advising that you harass the LSAC reps. I am simply suggesting calling a few times because I am sure everyone has been in a situation, at least once, where they were told by more than one employee that something was not possible...but instead of giving up, they were politely persistent and eventually got connected to an employee who was willing to go the extra mile to see if an exception could be made.

• sgoldsmith7sgoldsmith7 Live Member
    744 karma

Update! Just got an email saying writing was approved hallelujahhh. Now we wait until Nov. 29th...