Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Accidentally applied early decision

I got into Colombia law with an early decision, but when I applied, I sent my application two hours past the deadline, so I didn't think they would admit me through ED, but they did. My dream school is Harvard, and I think I have a decent chance of getting in, but now I don't know what to do. Disclaimer: I was going to email them a week after my application went through to tell them I didn't wanna do ED but didn't bother since I thought I missed the deadline

Comments

• camiiieecamiiiee Live Member
    2 karma

congratulations on getting in! What's the timeline to respond to the acceptance? Have you applied to Harvard yet?

• uwaomanechiuwaomanechi Live Member
    7 karma

So because I did early decision its automatically taken that I accepted the admission. I applied to Harvard November 10

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    802 karma

@uwaomanechi said:
    So because I did early decision its automatically taken that I accepted the admission. I applied to Harvard November 10

Your choices are:

1: Go to Columbia because you signed the contract.
    2: Request out of the binding contract, which will most likely remove your offer of admission, and hope you get into Harvard.

Columbia is an amazing school and you will get the majority of the same career outcomes as Harvard by attending, I wouldn't risk it personally.