Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Tips on breaking into the 170s

BrigiesbrechtBrigiesbrecht Alum Member
in General 50 karma

Hey everyone !

I have spent about 5-6 weeks worth of studying on and off from October of 2023 to now (December 2023) and gone from a 142 diagnostic to today a 162, hoping to break into the high 160s to low 170s with a two week grind.
RC - 7
LR -7
LG - 3~

Any Tips ?

Comments

• 1stWorldProblems1stWorldProblems Live Member
    655 karma

practice, practice, practice. The higher your score is, the harder it becomes to raise it.

• niveakrishnan02niveakrishnan02 Core Member
    14 karma

Hey! If you're planning on taking the LSAT before August, I would definitely say focus on getting LG to -0. From there I'd recommend doing a combo of untimed 5-10 LR/1-2 passage RC drills focused on 1) understanding the stim and dissecting it and 2) understanding the passage so you practice accuracy under untimed conditions + doing timed sections of each type in between your PTs. I'd also say don't underestimate the value of that drilling. I'm taking the Jan 2024 test so I know the draw of taking PTs more frequently but if you don't feel like you've improved since your last PT the solution is to drill based on your weak spots rather than take another PT.

Hope this helps, and good luck!