Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you want to be able to take drills in which you see the answer after each question?

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited January 3 in General 7285 karma

7Sage's drill-builder only lets you see the answers to questions after you finish the drill. We're thinking of letting you choose whether to see the answers at the end (as in the current setup) or to see the answers—and possibly an explanation—after each question of the drill.

I'd love to hear from you in the comments about whether, when, and how often you might choose to see answers after each question.

Comments

• dynisha_bensondynisha_benson Live Member
    14 karma

Yes, please. That would be perfect!

• keyuanaburriskeyuanaburris Live Member
    9 karma

Yes, the explanation would be great instead of trying to find it question by question. I would use each time I drill.

• alexialopez55alexialopez55 Live Member
    5 karma

yessssss pls

• yaguilar9yaguilar9 Live Member
    51 karma

yes!!

• LivinLaVidaLSATLivinLaVidaLSAT Live Member
    641 karma

Yes, it would be nice to have the option to see an explanation after each question in a drill. I would use this option whenever drilling. The quickest route to comparing my thinking to the explanation is ideal.

• cali_girl96cali_girl96 Core Member
    39 karma

YES PLEASE

• ashleynicole22ashleynicole22 Core Member
    15 karma

Yes, if it is optional! I'd still like the opportunity to drill without seeing the answer after each question :)

• arnoldlaura24arnoldlaura24 Core Member
    3 karma

YES PLEASEEEEE pls let us know when it's available because its tedious going back and forth

• 1stWorldProblems1stWorldProblems Live Member
    562 karma

NOOOO

• sherlockholmesherlockholme Live Member
    70 karma

I love this idea! But, the only thing is - I like how it currently is because it forces me to blind review, BUT even if the answers are readily available - I can still implement blind review - I will just have to use more willpower to refrain from looking at the correct answers. Lol

• lavenderhoneylavenderhoney Live Member
    25 karma

I would like this a lot! I understand Blind Review being important, but like someone else said, it's super tedious having to go back and forth.

• susu2000susu2000 Live Member
    17 karma

It would be more satisfying in the moment, but would be less similar to the actual test conditions so it would probably be less effective prep overall. Plus, seeing whether you got a question right or wrong could give you false confidence/insecurity, and shake up your performance for the rest of the questions.

• bhawkinsbhawkins Core Member
    3 karma

YES

• KarsonBKamenetzKarsonBKamenetz Core Member
    edited January 3 3 karma

I often find myself ending a drill after each question and building a new, blank copy following my review.

• lucasjameszieglerlucasjamesziegler Core Member
    380 karma

Yes!

• Arman115Arman115 Live Member
    86 karma

Only if it is optional.

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    990 karma

I would like it if it’s optional. That’s a great idea.

• JurisDorktorateJurisDorktorate Core Member
    68 karma

I think it would be a useful feature in analytics to toggle off the correct answer choices and allow it to show only if we got it right or wrong. This would allow for another attempt after blind review before checking the answer key. Is there a way to do this?

• ovsepian12345ovsepian12345 Live Member
    14 karma

I think having an option would be nice, but I do currently enjoy being forced to blind review

• Sanya ShahSanya Shah Core Member
    8 karma

I would love this! This is my second time studying for the LSAT and I used another platform last time as well that focused on drilling one question at a time. I liked this because you could either drill one type of question through filters/ drill for a short amount of time/ understand your mistakes as they occur

• nmoyer1982nmoyer1982 Live Member
    90 karma

Yes, I think it could be helpful to see an explanation immediately after a question while it's fresh in my mind.

• equallyyokedequallyyoked Alum Member
    edited January 4 374 karma

I would use this type of feature daily if given a chance. We could be given questions on our level and then automatically be given tougher questions as we improve. Thanks for the question.

Also, is 7SAGE interested in adding a question button? I see (from my own experience) that questions do not always get answered in a timeframe where people are looking for a correct answer to build upon. Just a thought. If we had a question button it could assure that we would get the answer within a day or 2 and that could allow our studying to be more fruitful. Maybe there could be a group of people that only answer questions. Thank you on behalf of us all who would like to see this added for the benefit of many.

• mimer62608mimer62608 Free Trial Member
    1 karma

@Delta Executor said:
    I would use this type of feature daily if given a chance. We could be given questions on our level and then automatically be given tougher questions as we improve. Thanks for the question.

Also, is 7SAGE interested in adding a question button? I see (from my own experience) that questions do not always get answered in a timeframe where people are looking for a correct answer to build upon. Just a thought. If we had a question button it could assure that we would get the answer within a day or 2 and that could allow our studying to be more fruitful. Maybe there could be a group of people that only answer questions. Thank you on behalf of us all who would like to see this added for the benefit of many.

I Agree

• 1stWorldProblems1stWorldProblems Live Member
    edited January 4 562 karma

yeah, I'd be ok with it if it's optional and we can turn it off

• WisdomEyeMagicianWisdomEyeMagician Live Member
    34 karma

I take it in February so my opinion doesn’t matter but yes, you guys should provide this option. I drilled logical reasoning in exactly this manner and I honestly think this + timed sections is the best way to study LR.

• Grab The LanternGrab The Lantern Core Member
    11 karma

Yes!

• TRUST ESTATE LAW 2000TRUST ESTATE LAW 2000 Live Member
    35 karma

NO! I think from my quick glance at the comments I am not in the majority here. Nevertheless, I believe that the whole point of a drill is to simulate test like conditions and getting the correct answer choice so quickly can take away from understanding an incorrect or correct pattern one is making in their process of an answer. Perhaps the option for this feature would be okay but I like having to take 5 questions of a certain type and then wait... there is a certain honestly in that which I believe will get lost of there is no waiting..

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7285 karma

Thank you for your responses. To those of you who don't like the idea, don't worry—this would be optional.

7285 karma

@dynisha_benson @keyuanaburris @alexialopez55 @yaguilar9 @LivinLaVidaLSAT @cali_girl96 @ashleynicole22 @arnoldlaura24 @lavenderhoney @bhawkins @KarsonBKamenetz @lucasjamesziegler @Arman115 @JDream2023 @ovsepian12345 @"Sanya Shah" @nmoyer1982 @equallyyoked @mimer62608 @WisdomEyeMagician @"Grab The Lantern"

Would you use this feature—showing the correct answer and explanation after each drill question—on timed or untimed drills?

If you used the feature on timed drills, would you want the flow to be Submit Answer > Blind Review > See Answer and Explanation, or just Submit Answer > See Answer and Explanation?

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    990 karma

I would use it on untimed drills. I like to know what I got wrong before I move on to the next question. After learning what I did wrong, I can tweak my thought process or method of approaching a question. It would help me because that’s what I usually do.

I would prefer the flow to be: Submit Answer > See Answer and Explanation.

• QuinoaCrunchQuinoaCrunch Alum Member
    6 karma

Yes!!! Would be a great optional feature

• kaiya123kaiya123 Core Member
    89 karma

This would be amazing!! I would use this option after each question on both untimed and timed drills. I would also love if an explanation came with each answer. 7Sage was already in its own league among LSAT prep courses, but the fact that you all thought to even ask us for our feedback speaks volumes...

edited January 7 374 karma

I would use this type of feature on untimed question by question. So if I am in LR, then I would like to know that I got the answer right or wrong immediately. Otherwise, I may likely answer that question type the same wrong way if I got the answer wrong. I save timed sections for when I feel ready to take the section. Then I review with question explanations.

Also, many questions are posed in the forum to the admin but perhaps no one has been assigned to answer those questions. Can a help feature be added as well? Maybe tutors can answer those questions within a day or so. It can help us answer questions the correct way. I have really enjoyed 7sage and its forum in particular. Also, the game section is def. phenomenal.

7285 karma

Thanks @JDream2023 !

@kaiya123 , if you used the feature on timed drills, would you want to blind-review with the clock paused after submitting your answer to each question, or would you want to see the correct answer immediately?

@equallyyoked thanks for the feedback! We'll think about how to increase response time to your questions.

374 karma

Thank you for your response, David!

• silviojrennasilviojrenna Core Member
    20 karma

@"David Busis" said:
    7Sage's drill-builder only lets you see the answers to questions after you finish the drill. We're thinking of letting you choose whether to see the answers at the end (as in the current setup) or to see the answers—and possibly an explanation—after each question of the drill.

I'd love to hear from you in the comments about whether, when, and how often you might choose to see answers after each question.

Sounds more similar to the Khan practice system - dont get me wrong, I see the value and it cant hurt to have as an option, but i suspect it will significantly reduce the amount of time people spend on BR and critically reflecting on their thought processes. Just my two cents!

• kaiya123kaiya123 Core Member
    89 karma

@"David Busis" asked: if you used the feature on timed drills, would you want to blind-review with the clock paused after submitting your answer to each question, or would you want to see the correct answer immediately?

@"David Busis" I would want to see the correct answer immediately. I understand the value of blind review...but with the way my brain works, and where I am in terms of preparing for this test, I really need to see the answer and review my thought process immediately.

Currently, I go back and forth during drills to check my answer and see the explanation and as @lavenderhoney said it's very tedious.

I respectfully disagree with @silviojrenna as I critically review my thought process despite the fact that I'm not yet at a point where I am doing blind review.