Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

its the week of the lsat and im bombing all my drills

I have been studying for the past ~year and a half and I'm taking it for the third and final (I already sent out apps end of nov/beginning of dec) time on Saturday. My prep lately has been going pretty good - I just got my highest score two weeks ago and that will readily get me where I need to be BUT this week my drills, RC in particular, have taken a hard left turn. I'm trying to be relaxed about studying this week, I'm going to take a pt tonight, but now I am not sure if I should hold off until Friday night or not take it at all and focus just on RC but I also have some LR I really would like to solidify too.

Comments

• lucasjameszieglerlucasjamesziegler Core Member
    380 karma

Greetings,

You are probably in your head about it. RC is one that can have huge fluctuations in general as sometimes we just simply get a passage that does not make sense to us. I would NOT do a PT at all. I would do untimed studying to erase the time pressure and make sure you are thinking through things correctly. This will help you not kill your confidence.

You got this!

• Keel1222Keel1222 Core Member
    40 karma

It's almost certainly stress friend! I'm taking the real deal this Friday and have an eerily similar trajectory (A 5 pt PR on my last PT a week ago! Which is pretty cool). That experience was obviously quite positive, but I have felt this pressure to replicate that great performance every day since. I BOMBED on essentially everything working through the weekend after my last PT.

I would contend with Lucas' answer of certainly not taking a PT. Go low and slow, doing a small volume without a timer, with a very thorough Blind Review. That really reset my confidence on Monday! Prove to yourself you know it, and it'll be there on test day my friend. It's quite literally how the unconscious, performing mind works.

If you're worried about flubbing up your timing abilities I'd say that presumably in a year of prep you've completed a lot of sections on time and a few where you messed up the time, these are great opportunities to learn! Take ten or fifteen minutes to write out a "gameplan" for each section, noting when the juice wasn't worth the squeeze on certain questions. Helped me a lot!

Good luck out there.