Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you, 7Sage!

mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
edited August 2015 in General 938 karma
I would like to thank all the staff at 7Sage for not only helping me, but the rest of us. I would also like to thank the community for all of its help, with a special shoutout to @Pacifico who helped me a lot through PMs.

I don't have much time to write this, because I was admitted to the law school of my choice! I could not have achieved this without the help of 7Sage and the community. The only downside is, I was admitted 2 days before the semester started. The workload is hitting me like a brick wall! Classes are extremely interesting, and the readings are very interesting. The only difficult part is getting into rhythm, learning to outline, and stay 40-60 pages ahead of the assigned readings (recommended by the law professors.)

I hope all your studies are going well, and I hope to stay on this forum whenever time permits.

Even in hard times, whether it's studying for the LSAT or anything else in life, remember, the carousel never stops turning (kudos if you get the reference)!

Thank you, guys and gals!

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Congratulations! Now get back in your hole and don't come out for three years! :P good luck!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    D'aww! We'll miss you! And we're proud of you. <3
  • ttranc83ttranc83 Alum Member
    98 karma
    Congrats @mpits001 !!!!
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    @Pacifico Oh what a hole it is! I feel like I'll never be able to climb out with the amount of work that's been prescribed!

@nicole.hopkins I should properly thank you as well! I was only able to attend one BR study session, but it helped me with my future BR and you gave me a lot of advice this past year. THANK YOU!

@ttranc83 Thank you, kind sir!

My school implemented a new system last year. It deals with a class that meets once a week (not graded and doesn't have any additional assignments) and it teaches us how to outline, when to study, how to study for essay vs. multiple choice exams and etc. If anyone knows, please share! This is the first I've heard of such a program. It feels like a free weekly tutoring session.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Good job!!
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" Legen....wait for it...
    edited August 2015 12637 karma
    @ENTJ said:
    Legen....wait for it...
    ... dary!

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" You pre-empted my "dary"! That's against the bro code bro... :/
    12637 karma
    @ENTJ said:
    You pre-empted my "dary"! That's against the bro code bro... :/
  • KimberlyKKimberlyK Alum Member
    217 karma
    @mpits001 said:
    My school implemented a new system last year. It deals with a class that meets once a week (not graded and doesn't have any additional assignments) and it teaches us how to outline, when to study, how to study for essay vs. multiple choice exams and etc. If anyone knows, please share! This is the first I've heard of such a program. It feels like a free weekly tutoring session.
    I know the schools I am applying to do not have a course like this, but I sure wish they did. Like you are finding out, law school is a whole new ball game when compared to undergrad work and learning...how... to study is so important! I have teenagers and I am pushing them all into a dual credit class that takes the place of our Psych 3000, which teaches you how you learn and how to study in the college setting. It's called something like Psych for Success and is required in your first semester at the Jr. colleges in my area. Don't be too irritated that you have to sit in study hall like a kid; get the most you can out of it. It can only help.

Congrats!!
  • RebelwendyRebelwendy Alum Member
    168 karma
    CONGRATS!!!
  • ttranc83ttranc83 Alum Member
    98 karma
    By the way, I am a ma'am not a sir. @mpits001