Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Careless Mistakes

angelleungangelleung Free Trial Member
in Logic Games 32 karma
I usually get -2 to -4 on LG but I feel at least a good 75% of these are from careless mistakes. They're often really easy questions, so as one can imagine, this is really frustrating. I'm not sure why I was so careless most of the time. Perhaps I relied too much on memory/instinct and didn't explicitly check the answer against each rule I diagrammed. Any tips or words of advice?

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    If you're getting -2 to -4, I think it's safe to say your main diagrams look pretty good. When you get to the questions that ask specific local questions, really parse out the language and don't overcommit to any one question. Remember, every question is worth the same on the LSAT so skip wisely.

Keep at it!
  • leonsmoneyleonsmoney Member
    280 karma
    I'm in this same boat. When I do my BR I want to slap myself for not completing reading the question stem. The answers are so clear when I go back and BR. I think the issue is for me in trying to go fast, I just skim the question stem. What I'm finding is often times, there will be subtle changes in the stems that change the answer. For example, if X is in 2 and Y is in 5, for exactly how many others are their spot known. I've read this before and counted X, Y and the others I knew. Not queing in on the language of "how many others", so don't count X,Y. Taking a few extra seconds to really digest the question stem may help you. :)