Haven't broken into 150's been studying since August

NayNayNuggetNayNayNugget Live Member
edited February 12 in General 34 karma

I feel like I complain all the time over this test. It's honestly exhausting. I have been studying officially since August. I used a different program, had live classes every Sunday and watched live lectures all the time. Did the modules and home work (although I admit I fell behind especially when work and family things came around) took several PT's and I haven't seemed to break into the 150 timed test. I moved over to 7Sage when my other program finished and I couldn't afford it. This program definitely emphasized practice and re-doing things especially with LG. When doing PT's here Im still in the 140s but in Blind Review Im at least reaching the mid 150's which is honestly where my goal was in the first place. I feel very lost on what to do. Im still working through the CC but my test is in April and after pushing it back several times before I just dont know how realistic it is to get my score to the 150's. I work full time and I devote my early mornings 7-9, late evenings 5- whenever Im tired , and all of my weekends either doing problems, watching videos and now taking PT's. Sometimes I get the material especially when I have time to break things down and really digest what I have read. But when Im in the time conditions I feel like I forget all the steps and skills I learned, I panic and my mind wanders during the test. I basically give up mid test when I feel like Im not doing well. Im not sure if I need testing accommodations or if Im really just not getting the material and Im just going to have to deal with the score I have. I have put in so much work , made (and still am) sacrifices and it's frustrating to see that it's not really showing the way I want it to. I feel like Im failing. This is only a snippet of my journey but I just need some practical advice at this point on what I could do.

help

Comments

• LarisaaaLarisaaa Live Member
    16 karma

I know you have a full time job but you'll want to pump up your studying to 5-6 hours a day if you want to take the April. Finish the curriculum here in 7Sage. I'm with you-- I have a full time job, I'm currently taking a full load of courses at my college so I study whatever hours I have left in the day and wake up earlier to make sure I squeeze everything in. Last few weeks I have been studying 7-8 hours. Yesterday I studied from 10 am to midnight with breaks in between. Best way to have success is to deserve it.

• attorneyteeattorneytee Live Member
    14 karma

It's completely normal to feel how you are feeling. I was on the same boat when I first began my LSAT journey. Let's be real, a score in the 140's is not desirable for most law schools, and a low score can weigh in on your application. But, let me assure you that if you keep doing what you are, you will eventually break into the 150's or even better. It's a progressive approach which can take time. Don't be discouraged by the effort required because you will be required to do much more reading than this in law school. If you can't stand the LSAT then you should really be questioning the route you're about to choose. The reason I say this is because you will be evaluating arguments for the rest of your life as a lawyer, and if you think LSAT is exhausting, then you are obviously not made for this field.

ps, I may sound blunt but I'd rather say it now then see you waste thousands of dollars, just to give up half way. Wipe those tears, get back on the saddle and ride the sh1t out of those RC passages.

• 1stWorldProblems1stWorldProblems Live Member
    563 karma

there are many out there in the same boat, seems like. You are all more than welcome to join us on discord, (there are tons of 7sagers there) here is the link(and feel free to share it with others that might be interested:): https://discord.gg/Wxrwwec9Nw