Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

when to move on to a new type of game?

granny_smithgranny_smith Member
in Logic Games 91 karma
Hi all,

I recently started 7sage with my main focus being on games--I did do the conditional lessons and a few other previous lessons and am now working a ton of sequencing problems. When should I move on to "sequencing with a twist?" after I can pick up any random new game I haven't seen and can do it perfectly and in time? Or after I am substantially faster and better (though not perfect and on exactly time) on sequencing? How many questions would you go through with the practice-make copies-review-process before moving to the next games lesson? I'm worried I'll just be practicing some games forever without learning new techniques ever...studying for the October but most likely will change test date for December, but still want to be studying at a decent rate as if taking the october (in case a miracle happens and I decide I want to take it)

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Comments

• EmergingAttorney180EmergingAttorney180 Alum Member
    133 karma
    Hi,

In my opinion, you may not need to practice until perfection at first. Work until you are comfortable identifying game categories and are confident in your ability to understand and apply the strategies and diagraming tools unique to each, than move on. It's not necessary, and may even be counterintuitive, to 100% master sequencing-type games without say, ever learning how to do grouping games. Some games, particularly on the newer LSATs, are hybrid games that require you to use a large variety of skills.

After all, you can always come back to types that you struggle with later on in your studies.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Yeah I would just do each game lesson and if you get a handle by the time you finish the samples then move on. The curriculum is to familiarize yourself. Drilling and PTing is where you will really hone your craft. If you try to be perfect in each area as you go along you will never finish.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    If you try to be perfect in each area as you go along you will never finish.
    Word.

Don't overthink it at this point. Don't let the good become the victim of the perfect. Don't burnout on the practice when the real challenge lies ahead of you.
  • granny_smithgranny_smith Member
    91 karma
    Thanks everyone!!