Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MC section after lesson & quiz.. when to move on to next lesson?

selinaselina Alum Member
edited June 2014 in Logical Reasoning 73 karma
I finished my first quiz of the course on MC. I got 8/10 and did it in 12.29min. I missed the 2 due picking the wrong conclusion (no indicators). This is easy if you can find the conclusion in the stimulus, all you have to do is find it paraphrased as an answer. I got the rest right so not to think I can't identify a conclusion with no indicators. But, you can tell it's not my strongest pursuit I guess.

How do you suggest I take the next step? I only had one quiz set so there's no more practice left through 7sage. Should I move on to learn about MSS... it's my next lesson. Or should I practice more MC with old PT's? If I practice more, how much more before I move on to my next lesson? FYI taking the Sept LSAT.

Thanks!

Comments

• eraser_bits-1eraser_bits-1 Alum Member
    7 karma
    I think you should move on to the next lessons. You can always practice identifying the conclusion in other arguments throughout the course and maybe when you come back to main point questions you'll notice improvements. You'll get a chance to learn how to identify conclusions for other question types also.
  • Will EdwardsWill Edwards Alum Member Inactive Sage
    175 karma
    I second eraser_bits, MC identification is a part of many question types, so just keep pushing, keep paying attention, keep blind reviewing your quizzes and you will get better.
  • anne2hoanganne2hoang Free Trial Member
    edited June 2014 226 karma
    For MC questions, look for transitional indicators. The majority of the time, the conclusion is attached to a transitional indicator (ex: but, however, yet).

For non-MC questions, any statement that answer what/when/where is the conclusion. Anything that answers why/how is the premise.

Practice some more old MC questions before moving on. There are other question types that assume you know how to correctly identify the MC, before you can move on to answer it. In other words, if you can't correctly identify the MC, you will get that particular question wrong.
  • selinaselina Alum Member
    73 karma
    Hi Anne,

Thanks for the advice. I will look over more MC Q's before I get more into the next lessons. How much more should I practice? Before I had seen your message though I did move on and did MSS last night and got 4/6. The two I got wrong was the airplane cabin air/photons and rhodopsin.

The airplane one I needed to have made a small assumption but I didn't. The photons one was talking about circular motion and chg. of temperature in the passage the right answer included the words hot and cold which were not in the passage. So when I read hot and cold I thought it was silly. BUT I needed to have deduced that more circular motion causes an inc. in temp. thus it amounts to heat and then vice versa would be cold. If I had done that then the answer choice with the words hot and cold would have made sense!