Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

when is it time to give it up

I have been studying since June 2022 for the LSAT and after having taken it a few times and consistently scoring lower on the actual test than PT and having sent a few applications already without high expectation, when is it time to throw in the towel? I really want this but I don't want to be that sad person that keeps running after something completely unattainable. I am taking it in April and my therapist suggested getting time accommodations, so I requested and got it (50% time) which is great and will help significantly, but its so late in the process. My plan B is take it and if it doesn't happen this year, reapply to my top choice schools and a few I was too afraid to apply to but idk. I really really want law school but I can't take one test forever, you know?

Comments

• JY DiscipleJY Disciple Live Member
    324 karma

Don't give up. It's your dream to do this, and you should never put a deadline on a dream. So keep at it; find a study buddy, study group or whatever you have to do, but don't give up.

• 1stWorldProblems1stWorldProblems Live Member
    595 karma

one step at a time, one day at a time, and if necessary, one hour, one minute, one breath at a time

• wimoeller71wimoeller71 Yearly + Live Member
    72 karma

Focus on April and maybe June for now if you are picking up more points in LG than LR. Then re-apply for 2025.

• jiwoonyoon.sgjiwoonyoon.sg Core Member
    92 karma

When I first started studying for the LSAT a really good advice I got was: Choose between time and aim. You should either take your time, however long that may be, or you should adjust your expectations. There is no in-between (although ideally we hope for that), and there is only one choice. Obviously you know this too, but hoping my comment will help you prioritize. Whichever choice you make I hope it turns out the best for you!